Home Seller Articles
Increase Your Home's Value For No Cost
Unless your home shows at its very best, it can cost you
hundreds, even thousands, of dollars during its sale. You may also
face the prospect of a prolonged listing period or even an expired
listing. Fortunately, you donít have to spend a fortune to get your
home ready for sale. There are things such as plumbing or painting,
but there are several things that you can do for no money that will
help make your home ready for sale.
INSIDE YOUR HOME:
- Make rooms appear larger by packing away extra furniture. Even
rent a storage unit.
- Clean out closets so everything appears orderly. Most people
demand neatness in a home they intend to buy even if their own
homes are a mess.
- Keep blinds and draperies open and your windows clean to let
as much natural light in as possible.
- Make sure your kitchen is spotless. Rid clutter from
countertops and organize your drawers and cabinets. Buyers will
- Clean the refrigerator. Remove pictures, artwork and magnets.
- Make sure bathrooms are spotless. Hang your best towels and
repair all fixtures.
- Clean the floors as much as possible. Wax wood floors and
shampoo carpets. Bleach the grout in tile floors.
- Dust everything in sight. Donít leave dead insects in the
windowsills and light fixtures.
- Prune all plants and get rid of ones that are dying.
- Take down offensive posters or artwork from your teensí rooms
and put away all toys in younger childrenís rooms.
- Make sure your utility room is clean. Donít let laundry lie on
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME:
- Clean the garage thoroughly.
- Mow the lawn and keep it watered. Edge the sidewalks.
- Weed any flowerbeds and trim trees and shrubs. Uproot dead
flowers, plants and shrubs.
- Sweep all sidewalks, patios and porches.
- Put away all toys, bikes, skateboards, etc.
- Repair any broken sprinkler heads.
- Make sure that pets are kept out of the way and pet areas are
clean and odor free.
- Water the lawn only very early in the morning or in the
evening. Put ammonia sulfate on your lawn to green it up.
- Clean the roof and gutters.
- Repair a broken or sagging fence. Make sure that the fence
gate opens and closes without having to use excess force.
- Fix the doorbell if itís broken and make sure that the front
door is free of debris and dirt. Make sure it opens and closes
- Move firewood off the ground and away from the house.
Otherwise, this area may be noted as conducive to termites or fire
ants during an inspection.
- Park cars down the street during showings.
These simple steps can do wonders to enhance your home in the
eyes of buyers and maximize the profit of your home sale.
Choose your Agent wisely. Any agent will show enthusiasm
and will want to list your house for sale but choose your agent
- Experience at listing and marketing houses for sale.
- Ability to use technology to market your house world wide to
- Reviewing with you a comprehensive Marketing Analysis of home
sales in your area.
- Ability to offer a written detailed 30-DAY MARKETING PLAN that
will get your house sold at the highest possible price.
Working with a full-time professional real estate agent is a
must. Choose your agent by asking questions of him or her. Find
out how knowledgeable they are about houses currently for sale in
your price range and also of houses that have recently sold. Can
your agent recommend a good lender that has the reputation of
excellent customer service and low rates to assist your new buyer
with financing? A good listing agent can get your house sold quickly
at TOP DOLLAR and help you find a new home.